Last weekend was an extremely eventful weekend.
Friday night we went to T3 (for the first time) to have dinner with Ty and send him off to Connecticut. Ruth had quite a bit of fun (as she usually does in her pram when there is air con) but fell asleep before dinner even started (that's also cuz we reached there so late - being a working day n all).
Saturday, we brought ruth to Parkway Parade cuz we were headed for the airport again - T1 this time, to send Angie off. 
Parkway was so blardy crowded...we left within an hour or so - just to go Isetan to check out the sale. I returned with a new (smaller) thermal flask & baby laundry detergent. The flask was a cheap DOLPHIN brand one. Thought I'd try it out. It works perfect - as good as a Thermos/Tiger/Zorijushi - which would cost like 4 times more.
We originally intended to eat at the airport...but ultimately decided to leave and go to Marina Square cuz this kaypoh mummy wanted to check out John little sale. I was ecstatic to find a Nuby bottle there. Story is..i had bought Nuby teats in hope that it would fit my lucky baby bottles (which i felt needed a change of teat after all these months of daily usage). I couldn't find Lucky Baby teats for the longest time so i saw Nuby and thought they look awfully familiar. As it would now reveal, they DON'T fit...so instead of wasting 2 brand new teats, may as well buy a Nuby bottle right? BUT, Nuby bottles are SO HARD to come by - and they don't come cheap!
So yes, finally very happy to find the NUBY bottle at JL. BPA-free @ $10.90. ok la.
Sunday we brought Ruth to St bern for the annual Food & Fun Fair (FFF).
(happy playing with Daddy's mobile before mass)
As usual, we met the Liaws who had just come from Wet Wet Wild. Ruth was staring non-stop at Ryan's Sesame Street t-shirt. Hmm. We've never shown her Sesame Street - it doesn't show on any channel anymore. I'd love to have Sesame Street back. I could never get sick of Sesame Street.
It was nice to catch up (briefly) with them. We missed Ryan's birthday a month back! So a visit is due soon. :) Moreover, Ruth is abit more social now so it'd be nice for her to meet up with people her size. heh.
We went back after the FFF cuz the clouds looked threatening. Had time to do a quick grocery run at NTUC Bt Merah though before going home. Totally very satisfied cuz Fitti diapers are FINALLY on sale ($12.45 per pack instead of $14.90). Yes, diaper discounts make my day. Sigh.
I was lamenting about how diaper discounts and thermal flask steals make my day - instead of lovely shoes/clothes/etc.
So we reached home and gave ruth a clean-up so she'd feel nice and clean. That evening, we brought her out for a walk - we walked, she 'strolled' in her stroller. :P
She was no happy camper. Strolls are not quite her thing (yet) cuz of the weather. I think if we were strolling in spring/autumn/winter abroad, she may be happier. :P Nevertheless, she's always happier to be out of the house - no matter where. Thing is, she's a real good baby despite not being totally like crazy happy. She'll just sit quietly in her stroller and not make any noise.
On the return leg, we stopped by Depot Heights. Daddy brought her to NTUC while I went to tabao dinner. I returned to see her very happy n focused on this.
We realized that Ruth had a thing about erm holdling on to something. Some days back, granny had brought her for a stroll while we were (taking turns) eating. She came back with a Mentos in her hand, tightly held on to until we reached home.
:)
Needless to say, she had good sleep that weekend. Even *I* was pooped out!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Ruth @ T3 (wif mummy)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment