Sunday, March 02, 2008

Eternally grateful


DSCN8402
Originally uploaded by LezY

for my mum...who relieves me of so much of the burden of motherhood! Compared to her, i feel like a weakling in my confinement. Perhaps I'm a little disappointed at how emotional i am and how i break down in tears so many times in the night. I think it's not just the comparison to her, but i'm disappointed in how easily i 'feel defeated'.

I thought I could keep up with all the night-time feeds and etc, but it doesn't seem so. I get grouchy on occasion and nipples are sore if i don't wear the Avent nipple shields. I thought the sore-ness would go away. I mean, the latch is ok and baby gets enough milk to have dirty diapers now. Also many times, milk is leaking from her mouth so that has gotta be enough right? I find it so inconvenient to have to keep wearing the breast shells though it really helps with the sore nipples from breastfeeding.

i will find renewed strength from now onwards. I know my little girl is innocent and also tired from all the suckling....so we will battle on this breastfeeding battle together.

No comments: