Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a toast to US!


DSC_3418.JPG
Originally uploaded by LezY.

Last night, we brought our parents to Grand Shanghai. Partly to meet up, partly cuz my mum asked if Daniel('s side) was going to "ti qing", partly to show them the place we had selected for the dinner.

I was abit worried - about how the evening would go. Would there be a clash of opinions? would there be any unresolvable differences?

I guess God calmed my anxieties and saw to it that all went pretty well I must say. I think generally, everyone liked the place. The only setback is that, it will mean a cosy guestlist of not more than 300 people.

Food was great too. it wasn't the official "foodtasting session but we had so many nice dishes we wanted to order those dishes. They were distinctively different from the normal wedding dishes.

Tonight, we will be viewing another flat. It's right opposite my parent's unit now. And it's super ideal - other than the fact that it's on the 2nd level. However, it is on rather elevated ground in comparison to the roads and neighbourhood. so it ain't that bad. it all boils down to tonight - if we like the place, and if it's okay with the windows opened.

I think this is all very exciting. We slept so late last night because we got so carried away with what we wanted in our new house :) We've agreed to start simple just so that in future, when we know better what we want, it isn't so heart-wrenching to be throwing things away senselessly. Anyway, simple means cheap too. Cash is a big problem if we were to splurge on renovations!

No comments: